Tuesday 12 January 2016

Day One

Monday 11th January

It’s 8pm, end of day one. Just had a lovely dinner, bean casserole, sweet potato and crispy kale. It tasted great, I felt good afterwards and no animals died so I could eat. That's is a good feeling. I’d never really registered before that every time I eat meat, I'm eating a dead animal. I think it’s important that we understand where our food comes from, not just geographically but literally. The beef on my pizza last night used to be a cow. (Probably many cows!) I, like many meat eaters try to deny the truth to myself, but we owe the animals that provide their lives for us to have a burger, the decency to admit to ourselves that it is/was an animal. It had a life, relatives, friends, feelings just like all of us. I would absolutely call myself an animal lover so it feels good that today, I can say that, having not eaten one! 

Too soon to tell if I feel any different yet, but I definitely felt less heavy and full after dinner. Interestingly, I also didn’t feel the need to have anything sweet after it either. I’d like to say thanks to my mum Patty for making the bean casserole. 

Breakfast: granola with coconut milk (I LOVE this breakfast), banana, satsuma
Lunch: M&S Moroccan spiced butternut salad 
Dinner: Bean casarole, sweet potato, crispy Kale

Things to watch: 

Cowspiracy  - Netflix

Really interesting documentary, hard to watch at times, but some really important information on the environmental effects of agriculture on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment