Thursday 14 January 2016

Getting used to it.

Wednesday 15th Jan

For the past 12 years I have taught a class in a clinic down the road from here. Every Wednesday, after I've finished my class I eat lunch. The food is amazing, for the past 12 years I've enjoyed selections of cold meats, beef chills, pork ribs and other treats. Basically, it's like having a buffet every week. Needless to say, I was a little nervous about eating lunch today. I had never taken any notice of what was on offer for vegetarians or vegans for obvious reasons. But today, I had no choice and I'm delighted to report that I worried for nothing, the veggie option was excellent. I had a vegetable stew, couscous with veg and a side salad. I left full and happy just like always. The only difference being that this lunch was far healthier than usual.

Dinner was great, still had some black bean chilli left overs, added some hot sauce to spice it up a bit (accidentally vegan hot sauce) and nailed two plates. I'm defiantly eating more than I usually do. Three big, healthy animal free meals a day. I've not felt hungry or uncomfortable so far this week at any point.


Re: video recommendations:
I hope you've enjoyed watching the videos, I'm careful not to recommend any vids that have anything too hard to watch. However, I think it's important to understand the truth behind the food that we eat. You have a choice on what you eat and where it comes from. Be honest with yourself and find the courage to seek the truth. Especially when it comes to organic and free range. If you care enough to buy free range, care enough to research how the animals are actually treated. If, after that you're happy with what you find, it's your decision. I've watched and read alot of vegan material over the past week or so, some of it has been extremely distressing. Be warned, if you are seeking the truth behind what you eat and search for videos, be prepared to be shocked. I will continue to recommend videos that I have found inspiring and useful.


Things to watch:

How to be vegan

30 min Vegan doc. A lot of the stuff you'll see is from the USA, this is made in England. Felt a bit closer to home. A couple of hard bits to watch but nothing too bad, easy to look away. Some interesting things. The restaurant SAF looks brilliant too!


Recommended websites

Ecotopia

Really great products on here, buy in bulk and save money. I'm really trying to reduce my use of harmful chemicals I use on a daily basis.












No comments:

Post a Comment