Friday 15 January 2016

Hitting the wall.



Friday 15th Jan

I was warned by a few people that at some point I would hit a wall. It's fair to say that I've basically been surviving on meat and sugar for the past 33 years, so a week without either was bound to effect me sooner or later. Last night I suddenly felt like I needed to munch on something. I had cravings for ice-cream, chocolate and anything meaty. After a good sleep the cravings past but I woke up this morning feeling terrible. This was made worse by having my first training session at the gym. By 8am this morning I was ready to give up. But, after a really big breakfast I feel much better. I'm hoping that the cravings have now past and I'll just be fine.

I'm trying to go to the gym at least three times a week, I'm finding it useful to go early in the morning,  helping me to avoid tea, toast, butter, jam and rich tea biscuits!

Had a great morning with some of the students at the allotment, it's a gorgeous cold sunny day today and it felt great to be out there. We have come back and Kieren and Jonesy have just tried their first cup of tea with Soya milk, whilst AJ enjoyed a homemade juice made from blueberries, apples, carrot and kiwi fruit.

I'm now the end of my first working week as a vegan, I have no intention of giving up yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment