Thursday 28 January 2016

Feeling normal

It's been over two weeks since I turned vegan and it feels normal to me now. On valentines day I will be able to eat meat again should I choose to. The last thing I ate before starting the challenge was a pizza so I will probably have a pizza to celebrate the finish but it will almost certainly be a vegetarian topping. Not just because I'm not sure I could eat meat again but also because I just crave vegetables. It's one of the great side effects of doing this. Fruit and veg become so important to you. They are the corner stone of my diet now and I find myself thinking about them alot of the time. I used to crave chocolate and burgers now it's garlic pokchoi and satsumas. So if you're trying to lose weight or change your diet and you have a sweet tooth, I highly recommend doing this challenge. It simply eliminates junk from your diet and it doesn't seem quite as hard as it would normally.

Books: (links are for amazon, but you can find them elsewhere too.)

The New Vegan
Really great recipes, I highly recommend the Jerk Cauliflower.


Everything you need you have


Netflix recommendations:

If you're on Netflix, I recommend watching the following documentaries. They may get you thinking about what we eat and how we eat it. Please remember, I'm not trying influence you to do anything you don't want to do. In the weeks leading up to this challenge I was feeling ill, I was unhappy with my health and I concerned that I was damaging my body with the amount of meat and sugar in my diet. These documentaries inspired me to do some research into the vegan diet and it has given me a great understanding of the huge benefits of eating a plant based diet.

Fat sick and Nearly dead
- Don't be afraid of the title, it's a great doc about juicing. There's also a part 2, also on Netflix.

Food Matters
Hungry for Change
Really good docs about nutrition and plant based diets.

Vegucated
A good doc on three New Yorkers going vegan for six weeks. It's not the best doc you'll ever see but there's some really good points made. Worth a watch if you're thinking about going vegan/veggie.


















No comments:

Post a Comment