Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Last Supper

Sunday 11th January
The Last Supper

Here it is, the last meaty dinner for me for a month. I had a triple beef and ham Dominos pizza, one and a half bottles of coke and some Wagamama deep fried squid. Afterwards I felt terrible. Really full and heavy, which, I have to say is a very familiar feeling to me. Apart from the environmental and ethical reasons for this challenge I also just want to feel better. I think we kid ourselves into thinking that a dinner is not a dinner without a big slab of meat. Very often I feel so full I can’t move after dinner. This is usually followed by my persuading myself that it’s ok to have ice cream or chocolate too for desert. Well, for the next thirty days I will be eating a plant based diet. Starting tomorrow I will be fully committing to a vegan lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment